Virtual Private Networks (VPN) have given the world a new way to communicate. Now employees, business partners and customers can tap into critical information resources they need anytime and anywhere through the Internet.
The ability to enable instantaneous communication and information exchange can boost productivity and sharpen an organization’s competitive edge, but when the doors to the network are opened, how do you keep intruders locked out?
Virtual Private Networks provide a private tunnel through the Internet, but privacy does not equal security. The security of an organization’s network is only as strong as the method utilized to identify the end points of the VPN. VPN access protected by user name and passwords is a weak form of authentication and can easily be broken. Once a password is compromised, organizations no longer know who is at the other end of the VPN tunnel. For organizations to fully realize the benefits of a VPN, it must provide:
• Strong authentication of users and devices
• Confidentiality and privacy of information exchanged within the VPN
• Seamless security that is easy to deploy and has minimal impact on users
• Rapid and easy deployment for small and large numbers of users
• Low total cost of ownership over the lifetime of the VPN
With the KOBIL GmbH Secure VPN technology application, enterprises can help ensure against unwanted intruders by strongly authenticating users and devices entering into the VPN.